Subscribe to our RSS
- Was Jesus a pacifist? For eliminating Second Amendment?
- Is God more interested in drawing one into a deep relationship with Him or merely throwing out Q&A answers to satisfy intellectual curiosity?
- Reflecting on Hallmark movies
- Why doesn’t God keep Christians from committing suicide? He is supposed to supply all a Christian’s needs? (Phil 4.19)
Tag Archives: apologetics-reasons to believe
Did Jesus use apologetics (reasons/benefits of believing) with the woman at the well? Jesus said: “But whoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.” (John 4.14).
Christian apologetics are reasons to believe in God. It reminds me of a good salesman explaining the benefits of buying his product.
In talking with atheists and skeptics one question repeatedly arises, “Why is there evil if God is good and in control?” In his Focus on the Family, Truth Project messages, Dell Tackett suggests this reply: “Why should evil bother you?” We remember … Continue reading
– Apologetics is a defense of Christianity – giving reasons for faith. I think of it as using anything in God’s creation to testify of His existence, wisdom and power. Planets, atoms and birds are all marvelous works of the Creator. … Continue reading
Should one comfortable with his religious views be willing to discuss them? Would you want to believe something that you were ashamed of? Confused about? Agree? The most important job of one’s faith is to get them to the next life? QUESTION … Continue reading
The Army and secular colleges make a strong Christian stronger and a weak Christian weaker. -unknown. Three fourths of students from Christian homes lose their faith at a secular college. -Ed Blount. Many students’ faith is undone in the philosophy, … Continue reading
The short answer is that Jesus wants to save any and all who will trust Him. “whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord [Jesus] shall be saved.” (Rom 10.13) (Matt 11.28-30; Jn 3.16; 10.28). Come today and … Continue reading
An avowed atheist recently replied to a letter to the editor I wrote. We have exchanged several candid but cordial emails since. Several comments about sharing Jesus with atheists/evolutionists/antisupernaturalists: 1. We each unsuccessfully tried to undermine the other’s faith by … Continue reading
Doctrine is every thing. Doctrine is the train delivering God’s salvation and graces. STATEMENT OF FAITH THE BIBLE 1. We believe that the Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired by God. The Bible is the infallible, without error, authoritative … Continue reading