Subscribe to our RSS
- Was Jesus a pacifist? For eliminating Second Amendment?
- Is God more interested in drawing one into a deep relationship with Him or merely throwing out Q&A answers to satisfy intellectual curiosity?
- Reflecting on Hallmark movies
- Why doesn’t God keep Christians from committing suicide? He is supposed to supply all a Christian’s needs? (Phil 4.19)
Dangers of Globalism to American Sovereignty: 1. Globalism is super-socialism, one big melting pot. 2. The U.S. is viewed by many as a rich, spoiled, stupid, sugar daddy. Other nations would be the takers and we would be the givers, lowering our standard of living. The UN often voted against us despite all our foreign aid. 3. Despite our flaws the USA brings the best (human) hope for some semblance of order and reducing world chaos. 4. Losing our sovereignty means losing our democracy. American voters would lose self-determination. 5. Immigration attitudes, illegal criminals would become wilder. Let’s pray for wisdom for our leaders!
More Questions To Ask Kids: Who would make the perfect wife? Husband? Favorite Bible character? (why?) Fav animal?
Everybody has a plan, until they get hit in the mouth — Mike Tyson. Got a Plan B after you get hit by life’s blows? (Psa 73.26)
- Good conversationalists know how to listen—-
- some passing trains never seem to end—-
- verbal incontinence infers that I am more important than you —pride—-
- a low self image, over-talking, might be trying too hard to sell self to others—-
- or a lack of love or undeveloped social skills—-
- we can serve others not only with our hands but our ears—-
- life is not all about you: Teddy Roosevelt’s daughter said that her father wanted to be the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral—-
- why are we spending time with the other person?: encourage, bless them? counsel them? initial acquaintance? fellowship? business meeting?—-
- what’s appropriate at work is not necessarily so in social interaction—-
- “the [flesh] drives, the Holy Spirit gently leads.” – Harold Burchett—-
“He who restrains is word has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding. Even a fool, when he keeps silent, is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is counted prudent.” (Proverbs 17.27-28 NAS)(Prov 18.2).
Questions to ask kids: (1) If you could be anybody, who would you choose? Why? (2) If you had one wish, what would it be? (3) If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?
Joe: Can each one set his or her own right and wrong? Lifestyle? Bob: All truth is relative. There is no absolute truth. Joe: You say that there is no absolute truth, yet your statement sounds absolute. Are you absolutely sure that there is no absolute truth? -after Frank Turek, Stealing From God
Humor Alert: The world’s fastest karate expert joined the army. The first time he saluted, he killed himself…..My cousin considered becoming an atheist. Then he found out that atheists have no holidays. (more)
Willie said: I’ve got the MIDAS TOUCH—everything I touch turns to mufflers
Why don’t blind people skydive? A. it scares their dogs
A Texas oil man went to his dentist.
Dentist: You have no cavities
Man: Drill any way, I feel lucky.
-most from Henny Youngman