God is all wise, not erratic or capricious. He moves in accord with His eternal purposes. What best glorifies God? What best enables a lost person to confront his sin?
My little human speculations:
- Even the Devil is God’s Devil. God uses him as His whipping boy.
- it affirms, role models, explains, makes clear the truth of verses including Jeremiah 17.9: “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”
- all human organizations go downhill over time—Christian schools, churches and governments too. Man’s sinful name is the reason.
- God has chosen to work through flawed, imperfect beings. He has no pool of perfect leader back up replacements.
- power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely–saying
- sharpens contrast between: good and evil, King Jesus and flawed, human leaders
- dramatizes need for a holy, caring, merciful God!
- many people run when confronted by Christians individually. How much more resistant might they be if a strong believer ruled their land? They killed the most loving Person to ever walk the earth. The Jews were offended that Jesus Christ called Himself King.
- God whispers through pleasure and shouts through pain – C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
- might prompt more people to focus on the after-life