- We are commanded to worship and glorify Jesus many times. Where are the verses to praise Mary? Worship Mary? Glorify Mary?
- In New Testament days it was normal for girls to be virgins until marriage. Mary was not unique in this respect. There were thousands of virgins.
- After the gospel accounts of Jesus’ death and resurrection, Mary is mentioned only three times total, in the remaining 23 New Testament books. She virtually disappears after her mother role is finished.
- Why does the Bible not call her God, holy like God, Mother of God or queen of heaven?
- Why does she affirm that she needs a Savior? Only sinners need a Savior.
“And Mary said, My soul doth magnify [praise] the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior.” Luke 1.46-47.
6. The Old Testament offers many predictions of the Messiah’s coming. Why none for Mary’s coming?