Should the filthy “F word” now define our society? Has it become the trademark of the younger generation? How should godly people respond when hearing it? Silently retreat in defeat or are there other options?
‘I don’t like to see sin walk off the court thinking it has won.” –Harold Burchett.
1. Ignore the person but quietly pray for God to deliver them.
2. We are hate evil, resist evil. Do good, the Bible tells us. Proverbs and James have much to say about our speech.
3. As the Spirit leads, one can raise the level of conversation by responding with a godly song—rebels rant, the righteous rejoice!
4. Ask, “Joe, I’ll take all the prayer I can get. may I ask, is there anything I can pray for you about?”
5. If one can advertise for the devil—spew filth, God forbid that we not spread purity and joy!
6. If he/she is your gender, invite the toilet bowl tongue out for coffee or lunch. Befriend this wayward, blinded, needy soul. Words just reflect what is down in the evil heart.
7. I read that nine of ten millennials are unchurched. Yeyt regardless of his/her age, invite him or her to some Christian activity.
8. Assume that unsaved people often act like unsaved people. Expect them to pull your chain Christian–if just to see how you will react. Have some options ready. Reach out in love. Don’t bristle or get defensive. Hurting people hurt others.
“Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.” Col.4.5-6