Should I Go To A Christian Drug Rehab Center?
Why can’t I get delivered from my addiction? What’s the secret?
Reasons Addicts/Alcoholics Don’t Get Victory:
Don’t really want deliverance–
” I’m not ready (excuses).”
Not saved. Jesus’ power works from the inside (Eph 3.16-17). Step One: Decide to leave sin and trust Jesus’ death on Cross to pay your sin debt. Repent and be saved.
Don’t biblically deal with underlying issue that led them to drinking or drugs (divorce, low self-image, irresponsible, loosing loved one, guilt, lonely, empty life, job, stress, wrong friends, health or family problems.) Don’t get real help from born again pastor.
4. “I’m not saved but I want all the help and blessings God gives His children. I want it both ways. I want all the company benefits, even though I am not an employee.” (Prov 15.8,29).
5. Believe the lie that deliverance is hopeless—”I’ve tried many times and failed.” (Human-powered programs do fail. God’s faith-based, Spirit-filled, rehab centers have supernatural power—are helping many!)
6. Many believe the lie that: “God’s house and God’s people are not enough. To have a full life I need sinful play toys and worldly friends.”
7. Some remain spiritually homeless, stray cat Christians. They lack strong, clean, Christian buddies and God’s groceries to encourage them. Guess who they hang out with? These pitiful, weak, wandering, sick sheep, suffer big time. They need TOUGH LOVE from caring brothers at a rehab.
8. “I believe the lie that just being in jail removes my habit. ”
9. Stubborn, long term alcoholics and addicts will not admit that they cannot fix themselves.
10. “I just live in the moment. Good feelings are my god. Forget Jesus, self control and clean living.”
Why Addicts/Alcoholics Need A Faith-Based, Spirit-filled, Christian Rehab Center with High Success Rate:
“We do not serve a quick-fix God.” – A. Gordon.
2. Many cannot stay clean in their current situation outside. Spirit-filled rehab centers offer: mentoring, godly friends, God’s Word, group prayer, and love. Stubborn rebels pay heavily for refusing God’s powerful, supernatural help. “the way of transgressors is hard” (Prov 13.15).
“I can do all things
through Christ which
strengtheneth me” (Phil 4.13).
3. After years of addiction a whole new way of thinking and living is vital! A Christian center is a MUST! Trust me. Who else offers that? Invest several months. Your family is worth it.
4. Alcohol is the milk of the masses– baby bottle for the blind. First it’s a harmless toy, next a steady friend and finally jailer/slave master. They need to stay in a wholesome group context, not return to live with temptations.
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matt 6.33).
5. Addiction involves deep, inner issues. Will it be little, self-help programs or supernatural power? “to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith…” (Eph 3.16-17).
6. Self control and backbone are broken. The mind may want deliverance but human will power alone cannot make it happen. We need round-the-clock, supernatural help!
“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Phil 4.19).
7. After detention the focus can be on catching up on overdue bills. Spiritual food is forgotten. Temptation wins!
8. “I need to also escape other bad habits/addictions: bad friends, crime, sexual sins, porn, laziness.”
“If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection [mind] on things above, not on things on the earth” (Col 3.1-2).
9. We will reproduce in our children what we are. If we really love our family the best gift we can give them is a clean, Christian, husband or father. Will flesh or Spirit decide? Power up, buttercup!
10.Talk is cheap. Repentance-deliverance is not tears but the clean lifestyle that many, many, Christians have.
11. One Christian rehab center was reported to have a success rate of 86 percent for those who completed their program! Step One–find out the success rate. Other centers have low success rates. These just discourage an addict and waste his time.
12. Hungry people go where the food is. Spiritually hungry people will be found in a local Body of believers with quality teaching. Who is running from the very thing he needs?
13. There is so much of God’s wonderful love, joy and blessing at a Spirit-filled rehab center! It can be bit of heaven. If nothing else has worked, come home to Jesus and His caring family of helpers (Lu 15.18-24)! Don’t be blind, sunshine.
“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” (Isaiah 26.3).
Lost Person’s Salvation Prayer:
“Jesus, I now realize that I am a lost sinner. I need You. I want to be saved. I now choose to walk away from my sin. I confess these sins. I repent. Forgive me. I believe that You died on the Cross to pay the total penalty for my sins. Right now I ask You to take control of my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
Prayer For All Temptations – Speak Out Your Faith Statement!:
Facing giant Goliath, little David claimed his victory. He made a strong faith statement! (1 Sam 17.42-47)(Psa 3.2-4).When Jesus was tempted by Satan He spoke the Word three times! (Matt 4). When tempted we born again believers also need to boldly claim a victory verse out loud!:
“Jesus, You defeated Satan’s power on the Cross. I claim 1 John 3.8 right now!: “For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.” Since being saved I have the Holy Spirit’s power, His victory, inside me. I claim victory over this temptation attacking me. Each time any temptation returns, I will speak the Word again! Though fleshly feelings remain, their power is broken.” (1 Jn 4.4; 1 Cor 10.13; Prov 18.10; Eph 3.16-17; Psa 37.1-7; 73.26; Deut 31.6;!).
A Sin Slave’s Cry: “Jesus, I love my sin! Please give me the desire to want to quit. Give me your hatred of sin.”