-courtesy: goodfree photos
1. Like racing an expensive sports car through the woods is misusing one’s purity, modesty and virginity. The Bible puts it this way: “As a ring of gold in a swine’s snout, So is a beautiful woman who lacks discretion.” (Prov 11.22 NAS). What wise person plays catch with expensive jewelry in a mud hole? We were created in the image of a pure, holy God.
2. “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?” (1 Cor 6.19 NAS). A Christian was not created by God for lustful pleasures. but higher purpose.
3 “This is the way of an adulterous woman: She eats and wipes her mouth, and says, “I have done no wrong.” (Prov 30.20 NAS). We note here that she sins and then denies it. She lies. Other sins are used to cover up the initial evil. One sin leads to another.
4. Living together is betting that one is going to outsmart God. Really?
5. True love does not keep the other fornicator in a relationship which 1 Corinthians 6.9-20 states will send them to hell. That’s not love but selfishness.
6. Violates the conscience, steals character, peace, joy and godly reputation.
7. Only 22 percent of those living together eventually marry. It smacks of desperation.
8. Bad role model for children and young people. It’s choosing to be part of America’s problem.
9. Living together is boldly, publicly announcing to the neighbors and world that we are opposing God, godliness and His laws—Rebellion!
10. Can waste best mate selection and child-bearing years/ miss soul mate while stuck with lust mate
11. brings much baggage, issues to marriage
12. Godly people with high standards want a mate with good character. Bluebirds don’t marry buzzards.