1. As a tree is totally dependent on its roots so the Christian is dependant on clinging to Jesus daily through Bible reading and talking to the Lord. (Jn 15.4-5). This is not optional. Making a good appearance is not the same as being in the Word daily. Ask and see where one is struggling spiritually. No one can survive eating on 1-2 meals weekly. The same is true with spiritual feedings.
2. Do not assume that bad habits and sins long forsaken can not return in a flash. Always be on guard. Keep your distance from them. Beware, expect some weak moments when the old desires pay a visit.
3. Repetition is the mother of learning. Even good teachers review material too seldom. The Bible covers important teaching over and over. Human natures tend to forget.
4. Choose Jesus, a clean lifestyle and clean friends and stick with it.
5. Make much of Jesus and He will make much of you.
Like to subscribe? Click on the RSS button in right column of front page.