1. People don’t do what you expect but what you inspect. Don’t be hesitant to ask frank questions when “inspecting your cattle.”
2. Show your appreciation for endless meals cooked, clothes washed, taxi service, etc, by washing dishes, cleaning up your room, emptying waste baskets, taking out the garbage, vacuuming the rugs, dusting, cleaning the bathrooms, mowing, raking and pruning. Be a team player. Ask God to help you develop a servant’s heart! Future hubbies and wives need to learn to pull their own weight. Don’t marry a lazy, undisciplined, unhelpful loafer. What you see is what you get.
3. Don’t get too comfortable in any company. Nothing in life is set in concrete.
4. It’s wise to have one or two back up, job skills.
5. Better to be a happy worker in a blue collar job than a blue worker in a white collar job.
6. Showing love to Mom can mean asking her what you can do to help her today.