What three words best describe you?: unhappy/bored/unsuccessful? Carefree/flesh/feeling good? Family/Jesus/clean living? Confused/searching/lost?
What determines our moods, agenda, and behavior? Here are a few basic questions each one must decide about.
- I have chosen pay as you go not deep debt and its consequences
- I have long term goals I am willing to sacrifice for OR I prefer to feel good right now.
- You can trust what I say OR say whatever is necessary to get by
- inner directed OR controlled by others
- modesty and purity OR often controlled by feelings and fleshly desires
- integrity OR dog eat dog mentality
- healthy, long-term relationship OR casual sex
- Rank these in descending order of importance to you: family, job, God, pleasure, morality, integrity, success,
- I want God in charge of my life OR I want to set my own agenda
“The old nature loves to do evil, which is just opposite from what the Holy Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are opposite from what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, and your choices are never free from this conflict. ” (Gal 5.17 NLT).