1. The movie, “Noah” is not about the biblical, Noah. As the film producers obviously wanted a make-believe story why use Noah? Was it to give cred, name recognition? Did they want it both ways?
2. It does not glorify God.
3. Satan arrives on the wings of a lie. Jesus said to the blinded religionists: “You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie he speaks from his own nature; for he is a liar and the father of liars.” (Jn 8.44 NAS).
4. It denies reality itself. Creator God sets reality. Noah attacks the God of the Bible’s true version of the Genesis account of Noah. This graphic but false account of Noah infers that the Bible is not worth portraying accurately. Is man the creature wiser than Creator God?
5. It preys on the minds of youth and adults who do not know the Bible well enough to distinguish truth from error. . . . reality from fantasy.
6. It attacks the Bible. It replaces God’s biblical truth, His agenda, with Hollywood’s anti-God agenda. For example, if the biblical account of the flood is true then all men should repent and obey God.
7. The Bible warns against false teachers: “And many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. And because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end, he shall be saved.” (Matt 24.10-13 NAS).
8. It lures unknowing people away from God and His protection and blessings. Some people are more concerned about pleasure and being entertained than they are to discern truth from error. They are sheep being led to the slaughter.
9. The Bible warns clearly to avoid false teaching: “Now I urge you brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you have learned and turn away from them.” (Rom 16.17 NAS).
10. Moviemakers cannot pour out filth one minute and offer wholesomeness the next. They cannot have it both ways. They cannot be feeding deception and trash and also be speaking for God or even clean, high-mindedness, in my view.
11 It is not smart to eat food off the sidewalk or gutter nor to get eternal truth from passing strangers. It is vital to know the Bible for oneself and to sit under a trusted, redeemed Bible pastor. Our eternal soul is too valuable not to know how to reach the next life.
12. “Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there be any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.” (Phil 4.8 NAS).