In Genesis 12 even Egypt’s, idol worshipping Pharaoh clearly understood that God existed and had great, awesome power (vv 17-19) (Rom 1.18-20). Yet as modern man’s fascination with technology and self importance have risen, he rises up on his hind legs and shakes his fist in the face of Almighty God. Man is a rebel.
some Biblical presuppositions:
1. We follow the early church view that: “All truth is God’s truth.” – Christianity Today. (Psa 119.89).
2. If God is creator of all He is behind all true science but not today’s junk science. “I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their hosts I have commanded.” (Isaiah 45.12).
3. Job’s pride was exposed when God asked him some creation related questions he could not answer. (Job chpt. 38-41) We do well to walk humbly before an all-knowing, all-powerful God. “Man pontificates, making up gods by the dozen, yet he cannot even create a worm.” – Paul Harvey News (edited). How prideful.
4. The Bible says: “The heavens declare the glory of God . . ” (Psa 19.1a). We Christians rejoice in what God has created. True science confirms God’s power and glory!
5. Like eternal spiritual truth, universal scientific truths are stable. Eternal truth is not a leaf in the wind. Science books are ever-changing. Much so called “scientific truth” is never settled. Theories are not truth. When theories are being confused with timeless truth, warning buzzers should be shouting, “Scientific objectivity has jumped the track! Bias is in control! Reality has been kidnapped!”
It is quite revealing when these antiGod cosmologists alternate between being in awe of the latest discovery in the heavens and also pontificating on how much they know about what happened millions and billions of years ago. They know only a mere fraction of what is taking place out there now and much less about the distant past. Oh the pride and arrogance of man.
Let’s play offense. Expose prejudice. Get off the defense.
I can’t believe that God would play dice with the universe – Albert Einstein.